Monday, November 06, 2006

Happy 2 month birthday!!

Oliver is 2 months old today! He's growing so fast I can hardly keep up. He's in some of his 3-6 month clothes! So much has been going on lately with the move and lots of visitors, but Oliver has still had time to learn lots of new things and grow up big and strong. Here are some of the things he can do:

Hold his head up when in a sitting position
tries to stand, when supported he can hold weight on his legs for a few seconds
swats and grabs at toys
does "pushups" when he's on his tummy
holds his head up and looks around when on his tummy
eats a lot more, about 4 1/2 to 5 ounces from a bottle
stays awake for a few hours at a time
Smiles - they're the best!
laughs - rarely, but he does it
makes lots of noises (not crying)
follow an object when moved from side to side
respond to voices/sounds, turning his head to look (sometimes)

Overall I think he's doing very well for his age, especially for a "preemie". They warned me at the hospital that his development may not be right on schedule for his age because he was born early. Well he has proved them wrong, I think!

We're working on getting him to sleep in his own bed, too. Last night he slept in his bed until about 3:30. I fed him twice before that and put him back to bed after each time. Daddy fed him at 3:30 and just slept on the couch with him until 5:30. So much for that lesson, huh? I guess it's ok though. I knew it would be a gradual transition to sleeping alone.

Spending all day with Oliver is wonderful. He's fun to play with and he gives the best snuggles. I'm so glad that he's here!

HAPPY TWO MONTH BIRTHDAY, OLIVER!!

2 comments:

Jennboree said...

Awwww..what a big boy!

My little one is a grunter. And she mews in her sleep. Cries only when the cold air hits her hiney in a diaper change. Then hell hath no fury like a baby's butt shorn of its diaper :)

My recommendation for sleep is to not be too rigid. Go with what keeps you sane. Your baby will get his sleep...and you need yours!

Jennboree said...

OH! I just read about Oliver's fall! That is the scariest feeling ever, isn't it? OMG...I dropped Isabella when she was 9 mos old and I felt like the worst mother in the entire universe.

I was leaving the dry cleaners and stepped down but didn't see the parking cement block, tripped, fell on my elbow which automatically popped open to toss my daughter down the parking lot. I freaked completely out! Screaming for her because I couldn't move due to immense pain in my elbow and a badly sprained ankle.

The patrons were very kind, helping me up and bringing Bella to me. She just had scrapes but I think any mother who drops her baby for any reason feels about as lousy as humanly possible!

So glad Oliver is okay! Thank God babies are resilient!