Friday, August 03, 2007

Oliver is asleep...

He was cranky cranky cranky all day long. I bounced him on the exersize ball, i rocked him in the chair, i rocked him in my arms...he would NOT fall asleep. Since he was crying anyway, and so tired, this seemed to have worked pretty well for Katherine and Claire so I decided to try it. Every time he got up I laid him back down. He did NOT like it...AT ALL! He cried and cried and cried, but I just kept talking to him and rubbing his back and patting his tummy until finally (seemed like so long, but was actually only about 7 minutes) he fell asleep. Hopefully this will be the last time I have to do this because I hated every minute of it. Maybe now he will be able to sooth himself back to sleep in the middle of the night, though...and that means more sleep for him and for me.

No comments: