Saturday, December 01, 2007

Don't want to jinx it, but....

Oliver slept for 3 hours, then for 4 hours last night...continuoulsy...in his own bed! How did this happen? Well for one thing, we got a humidifier. It's a cool mist Vick's one and it makes a low hum when it's on. Last night when I put Oliver to bed I turned that on and did not turn on the Baby Einstein lullabies that I usually play all night. I also did not turn on the little light in the hallway that shines into the room a little so I can see what's going on if I need to. There's actually enough light coming in the window because of the street light outside. So the combination of dark and white noise really helped him sleep better! Hopefully this will be a trend and I didn't anger the sleep fairies by talking about it.

1 comment:

Nat said...

maggie,
i got peyton the tent set at walmart. it came with the tent, flashlight and sleeping bag. they had a bunch of different themes, i got him the 'cars' one. here is one i saw on the site: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5364082

Good Luck! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.