Sunday, February 17, 2008

poor little sick boy...

Oliver is sick. It started out with a fever which, I think, was from the two canine teeth that are coming in. He was feverish and clingy for two days, then he got a cough. A horrible phlegmy cough. He isn't sleeping well, he doesn't want to eat very much. He doesn't have a fever anymore but he's still clingy and so miserable. He kind of lost his voice yesterday so he's all squeaky today. All he wants to do is snuggle and snuggle and snuggle. That's normally ok by me, I love snuggling, but he just coughs and coughs and it makes me so sad! He's asleep now, hopefully he'll sleep for a few hours before he wakes up again. Poor little guy, it breaks my heart. :-(

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I SOOOOOOO understand how you feel. Vlad is still teething and when he was sick and teething I wished there was more I could do for him. Hope Oliver is doing better soon.

Aileara said...

Grr - tried leaving a comment and got some dumb error, so here's the short version.

We've all have had the same horrible phlegmy cough for about 10 days now. Braeden's nearly recovered, while DH and I continue to cough up a storm.

What a helpless feeling to hear your son coughing so hard, not being able to do anything to help him. Please give Oliver an extra snuggle from me, and take care of yourself too. Trust me, not fun trying to take care of him when you're coughing that hard too, and especially given your pregnancy. Sending prayers for all of you.