Thursday, July 31, 2008

How do I know?...Well, I'll tell you.

Today Oliver and I were getting ready for our morning walk. We got some breakfast, got dressed, put our shoes and hats on and got ready to walk out the door when I realized I didn't know where the stroller was. I ran out to the car for a second (the door to the house was open) and found it. I got it out and set it up. I walked back up and tried to open the screen door...but it was LOCKED! When the boy figured out how to lock it I don't know. Anyway, I tried pulling on it really hard, I went to the back door to see if I could get in that way (it was locked and for some reason I don't have a key!), I came back around and yanked on the door for another minute before I decided that it might scare Oliver since he was standing right inside the door looking at me like I was completely nuts. As I stood there trying to decide if I should run to the neighbor's house to call Bob (since my phone was inside) Oliver reached up all calm and unlocked the door. Needless to say I snatched the door open and grabbed the boy in a big hug and told him never ever do that again because he SCARED ME!! I don't know if he understood but he hugged me for a loooong time and said he was sorry. Well, now I know better than to go outside and leave him in by himself...even if it's only for a second.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: