Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Busy week

We've had such a busy week! We spent a few days in Asheville with Grampa and Gramma. Oliver and Wyatt were both on their best behavior the whole time! Well, except for two hours at bedtime the first night we were there. Oliver was overtired because he didn't have a nap so he was so cranky and had a super hard time going to sleep. He cried and cried! Every time I'd get him settled Wyatt would start to cry and that would get Oliver going again. This went on for two hours until I finally just got everyone in bed with me and we all finally got some sleep. Gramma was a big help, too, holding and rocking Wyatt while I tried to get Oliver down.

The rest of the time was great, though. Oliver played nicely with his cousins, drank and ate so well, and stayed DRY for two full days!!! He was super sweet and so cute. Everyone seemed to understand everything he said so he's doing pretty well with talking clearly. Gramma got him some Hulk underpants so once I wash them he'll be trying them out.

Wyatt smiled and played and rolled and charmed everyone. He hardly cried at all. He got to try green beans for the first time and ate them up. I hardly got to hold him all weekend unless I was feeding him. He is such a happy little boy!!

The food is always good at Gramma and Grampa's house. We had chicken wraps, waffles and bacon, chocolate pie, chicken broccoli casserole, pretzel dogs and tater tots...everything was yummy!! I stuffed myself silly and I'm sure Oliver did, too.

We played on the Wii a little bit. I did some stuff on the Wii fit which was super fun. The hula hoop was my favorite but the ski jump was pretty fun too. Rachael and Dave brought over a music game where you play the hand bells. It was HARD but we laughed and had a good time playing it.

When we got home on Monday I had to go to work. It started to snow about an hour before I had to leave to come home but the roads were still ok. This morning when we got up we had about half an inch, I guess. I bundled the boys up and took them out but we didn't stay out that long. Oliver touched the snow one time and that was it for him. He cried and cried! I think he thought it hurt him since it was so cold. Poor baby. We wanted to build a snowman but the snow was too light and fluffy for that. He settled for making footprints all over the front yard and up the driveway. I took a few pictures and will hopefully post those in the next few days.

No comments: