This is the little dress I crocheted. The giraffe was an unwilling model for it but she seemed to be about the right size. I did make one mistake that I didn't notice until I was all done. I must have done it when the boys woke up and I paused to snuggle them. I didn't pay attention when I picked it back up apparently. Oh well, good thing it was the test dress! It was a lot easier than I thought it would be and the pattern was pretty easy to follow. I learned how to make a "shell", too! I'm sure that will come in handy for some future project.
You can tell where I messed up because the pattern changed. It looks kind of neat but it also made the shape of the dress kind of weird since the bottom rows are smaller than the top ones.
There is a pattern for a pair of bloomers that match but I don't think I'm going to make those. The people I'm making this for use cloth diapers so it'll be cute with that. There's also a pair of booties but they definitely wouldn't fit this giraffe!!