Tuesday, May 25, 2010

eating right

I'm thinking of changing our diet (as a family) starting June 1. I've been reading books and watching documentaries about food and I'm really disgusted! We will probably go meatless for the most part and start shopping for produce at the local farmer's market. For those of you in this area that's NOT the one on Sandy Ridge Rd in High Point - if you read the labels their food is NOT local.
I'm also cutting out excess sugar - no more soda, no more cake/cookies, no more white bread/pasta. I'll also try to avoid high fructose corn syrup and other artificial sweeteners.
I'm not sure what my goal is time-wise at this point but I'm thinking 30 days. This is going to be really hard - have you checked labels for HFCS before? It's in everything!
Anyway, I'll try to keep up with daily menus...maybe I'll start a new blog for that.

No comments: