Thursday, May 18, 2006

random ranting

I forgot to mention that I had gained 2 more pounds! I also measured my belly again yesterday and it is 36 inches now! I guess it's growing even if it's so gradual that I can't tell since I look at it every day.

Last night we went to bed and I was laying there trying to go to sleep, but the raisin wanted to be awake and all active. He was punching me really hard! I had my hands over my belly and I could feel it. He did it a few times and finally I decided that if I could feel it then so could Bob, and if he hit me one more time I'd nudge Bob, Well, he did so I grabbed Bob's hand and put it on my belly. Almost as soon as I did he hit again, but Bob said he didn't feel it. I pointed to where the raisin was hitting, and the next his was so hard it made me jump! Bob definately felt that one! He left his hand there for a little while, all the time with the raisin punching away. Finally the raisin calmed down and Bob rolled over to go to sleep. He didn't act very excited, but I thought it was really cool that Bob can feel him now too.

Someone at work loaned us one of those monitor things that you can use to listen to and talk to the baby. I tried it a few times, but I haven't really heard anything yet. I think it will be a week or so before we can hear the heartbeat with it anyway.

Other than that, everything is ok. Work still sucks though. We are trying to hire 2 new people, which is going well. They sent the two I liked the best for background checks and drug tests. Hopefully, they will be able to start before Memorial Day. Otherwise we will only have 3 people working Memorial Day Saturday, which seems ridiculous to me. Also, the manager and the office manager and I had all discussed that we should put the new people on with one person so they don't hear 4 different ways to do the same thing and get confused. I offered to train them both because I have done most of the training in the past and the people I've trained have turned out to be really good. The manager changed the schedule for the last week of May to have two openers and one closer every day. What sense does that make!?!? Especially since 3 of those days I will be opening and if you add 2 new people to my schedule then that's 4 openers and one closer. DOESN'T ANYONE LISTEN TO ME!? Overall it's very frustrating. Also, the week they are starting (hopefully) is the week the office manager is on vacation. That would mean that training the new people should be my responsibility anyway since I'm the assistant office manager.

Oh well, only a few more months and I won't have to worry about it anymore!! YAY!!!

No comments: