Monday, September 11, 2006

Oliver Lucian

means "Peaceful man of light"

He had an appointment at the pediatrician's today to check his jaundice. The doctor said he looked great! She also said that the puss that was in his left eye yesterday and both eyes today is just a blocked tear duct and that all we have to do is keep cleaning it with a warm washcloth and stroking down his nose as well to clear out the blockage. He gained 2 ounces since Saturday, too!! She said overall he's doing wonderfully.

He had his first adventure yesterday. We took him for a walk around the pond. He saw 3 geese, a heron, a bunch of ducks, a spider in a big pretty web, and he found two little blue feathers. He had a really good time, and he got out in the sun, which helped get rid of his jaundice. I think he's going to love the great outdoors!

Oh yeah, thank you to captain obvious who pointed out that my ticker is inaccurate (see comment on my last post) Believe it or not it's rather hard to find any time to get on here and post, so it was really nice to get a stupid comment after I spent about 5 hours typing that. I have had my hands full and haven't had a chance to take it down yet. Oh and obviously he was premature.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I guess I worded my last comment wrong. I only meant that we have been following the turtle along the path and all of a sudden he should have stopped with the birth.