Saturday, September 16, 2006

Updates...

Well so far I haven't had to spend any day without help. Bob was off work until Wednesday, and then on Thursday and Friday Dolly came down to help out. What a help she was, too! The first day we just sat around and chatted mostly, but she answered some of the questions I still had. Yesterday I packed some boxes while she cooked us 3 delicious casseroles. Then she let me take a nap for about an hour or so before Bob came home. It was VERY nice. I also got some dishes washed and a few other small things done too. I caught up writing in Oliver's book so that he'll know what all went on while he was so tiny.
Today I'm doing laundry. There's so much of it! Ollie has decided that he likes to pee OUTSIDE the diaper. Anyone know how to prevent that? We have gone through several outfits and even more blankies because of it. He even peed on Bob earlier today!
He's starting to latch better, even though he still doesn't get it every time. Once he gets it though he will usually go about 15 or 20 minutes. I've stopped pumping at night so that I don't have to get up every 3 hours and stay up for one and a half for each feeding. He wakes up almost exactly every 3, and usually takes about 2 ounces if not more. I think he's gained weight because he looks chubbier.
I feel like I want to get out of the house, but I'm still not supposed to take Ollie out. I don't want to go anywhere by myself either, and we can't just leave the little guy at home while we go out.
We took him for a walk the other night and he got to meet Jasper's girlfriend and her mom. Jaimee liked him very much and we spent a little while talking about his birth and stuff. He got bit by a mosquito while we were out, though! Poor little guy, right on his cheek. I guess I won't take him out after dark anymore because that's when the bugs are out. Unless it gets colder soon and the bugs all go away.
I suppose that's all for now, there are a few new pictures below.

No comments: