Thursday, September 21, 2006

Yesterday was Oliver's two week birthday! To celebrate we went out to buy diapers. We were both exhausted when we got home. We also stopped by RTG to let Ollie meet everyone. They all thought he was super cute! (which of course he is)
Last night at his 12:00 feeding he seemed a little warm and wasn't acting like himself. At 3am, after rocking him and feeding him, I took his temperature and it was 99.1 so I got very upset and woke poor Bob. It wasn't enough of a temperature to call the dr, but I felt very guilty for exposing him to germs and people and stuff. He finally fell asleep and so did I. I woke up at 5 and he felt normal again, and so I made him another bottle, which he didn't want. I was very relieved and so I went back to sleep. He's acting fine today, though, so I was worried for nothing.
He started latching better, he'll usually go about 10 minutes or so on each side at every feeding. I think part of the problem is that as soon as he latches on he starts to fall asleep. I have to keep rubbing his cheeks or pinching his ear to wake him back up.
I noticed today, or realized I guess, that our wedding anniversary is 9-4-04 and Oliver's birthday is 9-6-06. Kind of an interesting thing with the numbers. Maybe we'll plan to have our next baby on 9-8-08 to keep up the trend.
I was getting excited about the house we've been working on buying. Now though, I'm frustrated about it. Apparently the seller is changing her mind and doesn't really want to sell it now. She is refusing to fix any of the major things that are wrong with it. This wouldn't be a problem except that if we back out now we still have to pay for the home inspection and the pest inspection. Seems to me that if SHE backs out then she should pay for it. She's wasted our time and energy, and we only have another month on this lease! ARRRRRRGH!

No comments: