Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Why is that?

Why is it that every time I talk to someone after Christmas their first words are "What did you get?" Seems to me that it's terribly commercial of them. Anyway, here's what I GOT:

I got to spend a day with my husband, my baby, and my puppy
I got a visit from Bob's dad and my mom
I got to decorate a tree with pretty lights
I got to receive the kindness of strangers
I got to help some children by donating to St. Jude's
I got a day off from work
I got to eat the delicious pancakes that Bob always makes on Christmas morning.
I got to take a 2 hour nap cuddled up with my family
And as always, I got to be healthy, have enough to eat, and be warm and dry.

I was also given some presents. They were all very nice but won't be listed here. Christmas this year was wonderful. I'm so glad that I got everything I wanted.

No comments: