Sunday, March 16, 2008

I'm tired, exhausted, and worn out.

I didn't do that much today but I feel so worn out. Probably because Oliver didn't sleep well last night. It seems that the sleep fairies were angered by my previous post and decided to shine their favor on someone else. Oliver takes 30 minutes to go to sleep, most of that with kicking and screaming. Although tonight he did lay down after only 5 minutes, then spent the next 25 watching the clock tick the seconds away. I think that's what he was doing anyway. I just got a new clock. Even though it's digital it still shows the seconds and Oliver just stares at it while he is laying there. He's still doing pretty well with no physical contact though. I let him play with my hair but I keep my hands on the mattress. (I make up for lack of sleepy snuggles with LOTS of extra daytime snuggles)

We went to a park today where Oliver played in a tunnel, went down a spiral slide, climbed a rock wall, and walked down a long curvy path which took us over two cute little stone bridges. He did really well listening and staying where we could see him. When we walked down the path he stopped a lot to pick up rocks or sticks but he kept up pretty well considering.

His dr's appointment is tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to it! He is getting two vaccinations...two that are follow up to ones he's already had...so I'm pretty sure he'll be a miserable little guy tomorrow. I know the stupid dr is going to tell us we're "behind" on his vaccinations but that's just too bad! We've decided to go ahead with all of them but on our schedule...one at each visit. I'd rather not overwhelm him with 3 or 4 shots each time even if it means he's behind or he'll have more visits.

I'll try to post some pictures soon. I know I haven't posted any in a long time! There are some on the camera so all I have to do is load them up. Hopefully I'll get to that tomorrow...we'll see.

No comments: