Friday, April 11, 2008

I'm PROUD of his accomplishements!

(hahaha, rachael and sarah will probably laugh at reading that title)

Anyway, Oliver had a big messy poop today...IN THE POTTY! He woke up at 7:30 (way too early for me) but Daddy was still home so we got nice goodbye hugs and smooches then went to the playroom for some juice and snuggles. After about 5 or 10 minutes Oliver wanted to get down and play so off he went while I stayed under the blankie on the futon. A little while later (15 minutes?) he was sitting on the floor and he pointed to his diaper and said "poop". Lately this has meant that he just pooped and needs a new diaper but when I checked the diaper was clean. Being the responsible mim that I am I got out the potty and we sat down. Oliver was doing his usual - playing with toys and having a grand old time - when I started to smell something. He seemed to be finished so I got him up, cleaned his bottom and put the diaper back on him (it was clean!). In the potty was a big pile of icky squishy poop! At this point I was so happy/excited/proud that I was dancing around singing about poop in the potty. Oliver seemed as though he knew what I was talking about because he kept pointing to it and saying "poop!" Hopefully this will be a continuing occurence.

Then of course a few minutes later he says poop again...silly me didn't put him back on the potty and ended up with a big disgusting poop diaper to change. I'll listen next time! (I thought he was still excited about the first one!)

No comments: