Saturday, August 30, 2008

Random information about me, Bob, Oliver, and Wyatt

I am down to 125 pounds from 140 when Wyatt was born. Actually this was my weight a week ago - I haven't weighed myself since then. only 10 more pounds to go!!

Bob is back in school and working hard. It takes up a lot of his time to do the reading and assignments but we are figuring it out.

Wyatt is still waking every 3 hours at night to eat. He takes about 3 ounces when I give him a bottle (of pumped milk - no formula!!) and does about 10 - 15 minutes on one side when I don't.

Oliver doesn't recognize "Wyatt" as a word. He picked the next closest thing he knew so he calls him "quiet"..it's so cute!

Oliver can count to ten and count ten objects. He does really well from 1 to 5 and then sometimes still needs help with 7 8 and 9. He also knows A B C and D. He knows B is for baby, D is for Daddy, M is for Mim and O is for Oliver. We are still working on the rest of the alphabet.

I haven't changed a poopy 2 year old diaper in about a week. Oliver is doing so well with pooping in the potty. He's even told me he needed to go potty a couple of times. The peeing in the potty is a little more difficult since I can't tell when he's going, but he tells me when he's got a "sogger" now so that's a step in the right direction.

Wyatt is awake for 2-3 hours 2 or 3 times a day. He's very alert during these times. He can lift his head up really well and turns it side to side with no problems. He's even started swatting at toys! Oliver likes to bring the toys over and "play" with Wyatt but I think Wyatt likes looking at Oliver more than he likes the toys.

Oliver is settling into his role as big brother a little better now. He is a good helper - bringing diapers and wipes, bottles, toys, etc. Except for the occasional tantrum (which might be partly the terrible twos starting) he's doing really well. I think it's partly because he still gets so much attention. Although he's in front of the TV more often than I'd like. I try to read with him or interact with him while I'm feeding Wyatt but it's so hard when I don't have my hands free!!

Bob is looking for a second job. It turns out that somehow my short term disability insurance didn't go through when I signed up for it (neither did Bob's - I have to call HR and find out why) so I'm not getting paid to stay at home. Stupid RTG!

Oliver's birthday is this Saturday! One week from today...I can't believe it!

No comments: