Saturday, May 26, 2007

I'm back, less 4 teeth...

I got those pesky teeth pulled on Friday. They didn't put me to sleep, just some injections in my gums and lots of pulling and tugging. They only pulled 4 of the 5 that needed to come out because one of my wisdom teeth is completely sideways and they are going to have to cut it out. That'll be fun! Anyway, yesterday when I got home I took some of the pain meds they gave me and changed my (disgustingly bloody) gauze. Well taking pain meds on an empty stomach is no good, so I was nauseus for a few hours. Bob had to go to work so luckily Oliver slept for two of the hours he was gone and I slept for 1 and a half. The rest of the time was ok, I popped in the Baby Einstein video and put Oliver in his saucer while I dozed on the sofa. That's not something I usually do, but I really really needed him to be entertained for a while until I felt better or Bob got home. When Bob came home he went to the store and picked up some tomato soup and some pudding (butterscotch!) for me to eat since I couldn't eat anything hard and hadn't eaten all day. I took more medicine and ate some soup. After I ate I started feeling sick again so I layed down on the sofa to nap while Bob took Oliver for a walk. They were barely out the door before I felt REALLY sick. I ended up throwing up the tomato soup all over the living room floor. Poor Bob - he had to clean it up and then watch Oliver for the rest of the night while I dozed and tried not to throw up again. We went to bed pretty early but none of us slept well. My gums are still bleeding! Only a little bit on one side where two teeth (next to each other) were taken out. Even still, soggy bloody spit gauze doesn't taste very good. Needless to say I'm not going to work today. I feel bad because it's a holiday weekend but I'm miserable and wouldn't be much help to them anyway.

2 comments:

Montreal Mama said...

I hope you feel better soon!

louann said...

Oh I hope you fell beter very soon. less 4 teeth and not being able to eat doesn't sound like anything close to fun. Plus you have Oliver to watch over.