Sunday, May 20, 2007

The magical boat to sleepy land...

Lately Oliver and I have been rocking in this chair. Previously it was filled with clothes that no longer fit and various other junk. I cleaned it out and now (in Oliver's very clean room) I rock him off to sleepy land. It takes only a few minutes to get him calm. In a few more he's out, his little head snuggled up to my neck. Sometimes I sit and rock him for a long time after he's asleep. He doesn't want to snuggle much anymore - he's too busy exploring and learning and practicing his new skills. This is the one place in the house that I know he'll be my baby - not the big boy that he's so quickly becoming.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

louann said...

Awww, how cute is that? snuggling time becomes less and less as they grow up...wait till he starts walking :)

Jennboree said...

Awww...snuggling is SO important for mommy :) Even after Oliver is asleep, just holding him in the quiet is soothing, isn't it?

My girls never have liked to rock with me, too close to the milk and they'd rather get a snack than cuddle n' rock. They do rock with Daddy though. (to clarify, Bella does NOT snack any more, thank God)