Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother's Day fun, Day #1

Today was the first day of my Mother's Day/birthday weekend off. We couldn't decide what to do! We ended up going to the farmer's market to get some picnic fare. When we got there it was CROWDED! Today was the annual Chili Cookoff! While we didn't sample any of the chili (hello heartburn!) we did walk around and look at some of the booths and stuff and then we went over and got some strawberries (mmm, the first of the season) and a big giant orange. We left after that and stopped by Bojangles (fried chicken craving? I think so) then went to a little park with a stream and a playground. We spent about an hour there eating and playing. Oliver went down a bunch of slides and played on the swing for a while. He even threw rocks into the stream! He was getting sleepy after that so home we went to relax and take a nap. After the nap was some random playtime then we went to Lowe's and looked at dishwashers and carpet. Not sure which we're going to get but both need to be replaced! Tonight Bob and I will finish watching the Bourne Ulitimatum. Tomorrow...more fun! I can hardly wait. Oh yeah, and I got one of my presents early - it was a gift basket of goat soap from Pennwood Puritanicals! It had one big soap, two smaller heart-shaped soaps, bath salts and some very cute handmade cards. I was VERY pleased. I can hardly wait to use those bath salts. Oh and Oliver picked the basket out all by himself! What a sweetie!

No comments: