Friday, May 18, 2007

Odd weird stuff...

Here are some (rather strange) facts about me.

1. Every night when I go to bed, after I say my prayers, I put my house in a "God box". I imagine that invisible walls starting at the middle of the house and moving out push all the evil and negative energy out of the house and then form a barrier to prevent anything bad from getting in. It makes me feel safe so I can sleep.

2. At work everything has a place. Every file, every stapler, everything. Even the 6 pack of highlighters - i turned the label over and made a mark for each color so they always stay in the same order. This only happens at work...my house is a mess.

3. Sometimes when I can't sleep I pretend I'm in a coma. I have to lay really still. Then I imagine people coming to visit and what they would say.

4. I don't like the dark. I hate having to turn the lights off at night. I will walk through the house and turn on all the lights so I can go back and turn them off and not have to walk in the dark. I also don't like dark gaping openings. All closets and such have to be closed at night. Not the main door to the room though, I have to have an "escape route". I sleep with the bathroom light on and a nightlight.

5. I don't like anything on my feet. They get really hot and I feel restricted. As soon as I come in the door I take my shoes off and I always walk around barefoot in the house. If it's cold then I wear socks, but it has to be really cold.

6. I crack my knuckles but I can't just crack one. If I do then I can't stop thinking about it until I crack them all. As a matter of fact, I crack my fingers, wrists, elbows, neck, back, hips, knees, ankles, and toes. Gross? Yeah, now that I think about it.

7. I never drink out of the same place on a glass twice. If there is a lip print then I turn the glass to a clean spot before drinking.

8. Sometimes I have to go back through a post and make sure I didn't overuse exclamation points! I get so excited that I want to put them after every sentence! This is true for the comments I leave, too! Craaaazy!!

Are these really that odd? Well, some of them yes...but I bet there are odd things about you, too! Let me know in comments.

1 comment:

Jennboree said...

Are we related?

I just laughed the whole time reading this. I am the same way! Especially #3, #4, #5, #6, #8! heehee.

I would totally be like you with #2 as well. In fact, my husband is a wreck at home but Mr. Tidy at work. Maybe cuz it is a much more controlled environment?