Monday, May 14, 2007

Ta daaaaaa!

Here is the finished product frtom the "bucket project" For some reason I thought it would be fun to tie dye some onsies for Oliver. It turns out though that the only fun part is taking the rubber basnds off when you're done. Go figure. The rest of it was 30 minutes to mix the dye, 30 minutes to put the rubber bands on, 30 minutes of continuously stirring the shirts in the dye, 30 minutes of rinsing and re-rubber banding, 30 more minutes of continuously stirring the shirts in the dye, and then about 20 minutes or so of taking all the rubber bands off. Although I think they turned out really cool this is not a project I'll be doing again any time soon! I like how they all turned out completely different colors! I only had the three dyes, scarlet, teal and sunshine orange. Interesting tidbit, if you dye it orange and then teal it turns the color of this first one. I thought the teal would still be teal even over orange. I think I must have flunked art class!







Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jennboree said...

cooooooool..I like the last one best.

Think of it this way, YOU dye them and other people buy them! :)

Montreal Mama said...

What kind of dye did you use? Looks like fun!

louann said...

i think those onsies are totally cool. am sure will look cuter with the little one wearing them.

Aileara said...

Wow, I love em. You should sell them if you don't already. I'd love a couple for Braeden.