Friday, May 18, 2007

Timing... **updated

Yesterday I was offered a management position at the RTG Kids. I wanted to take it. I wanted to move up and get a raise and be in charge. I actually told them that depending on the offer ($) I would be glad to do it. They said I would start on Saturday..as in tomorrow...as in no time to find day care. I still said I'd do it as long as the money was right. They would just have to work with me on scheduling until I worked something else out. He said he'd call his boss and call me back. I felt sick and I felt sad. They called me back and offered waaaaaaaaaay less than I was expecting with a "potential" raise in 90 days. I told them no way. It wasn't worth it for what I'd be giving up. What they offered would not cover day care. It wouldn't be a raise...I'd be working 40 (or more) hours a week and (after day care costs) bringing home less than I do now working 25 hours. So I said no way! Besides, I'm not sure Oliver and I are ready to part ways.

**Thank you all for your support! I feel so much better knowing that I'll be here for my little guy. The person who took the position really deserves it and I know she'll do a great job!

4 comments:

Jennboree said...

I truly believe everything happens for a reason and perhaps what you stated is exactly true...it isn't time for you and Oliver to be away from each other that much yet.

I am sorry for your disappointment though...

Kolorful Kitchen & Home said...

Good for you. I am proud of you for weighing your options and choosing for the good of all. Smart thinking, girl! Hurray for Oliver who gets to keep his mommy for a while longer! There will be other opportunities that come your way...bigger and better, when you are ready for them.

louann said...

It also seems like after hearing what you needed to hear, you so knew that Oliver is still the priority. Great to hear that :) And, maybe it is true, you're not ready to part ways yet. When the little guy gets a little bigger, am sure a better offer will come your way. Enjoy your time with him first :)

Aileara said...

Sweety, that you felt sick and sad while waiting for the guy to call you back is a definite sign your body's giving you. The right position will come up when the time is right. I think you and Oliver are meant to continue with your present arrangement - at least for now. Enjoy every moment.